The Secret Cellar is a family-owned business with four fantastic shops, a bar, two websites, and a growing wholesale business - all run by a dedicated and passionate team. We pride ourselves on offering a personalised customer experience and delivering interesting and quality wines across all price points.
Most of the producers we work with are small, independent businesses like us. People that care about each of their customers and go that extra mile accordingly. They don’t mass produce wines, they hand craft them in small batches - often in little outbuildings or under the family home - and they care for their environment, aiming to leave their land in a better condition than they found it for future generations to enjoy. For us, that extra effort shines through when you drink their wines and, whilst they’ll never be as cheap as the mass produced supermarket wines, they’re not as expensive as you think given that we import directly (thus cutting out the middle man).
The Secret Cellar has developed good links in our local communities by supplying restaurants and businesses as well as supporting charities, schools and sports clubs. And, when you visit one of our shops or converse with us by phone, email or social media, I hope that you’ll find that we care about what we do and care about your experience when you deal with us.
This gives you a small insight into how, what and why. Read on if you want to know a bit more......
Hannah Fennelly manages our Tunbridge Wells shop
Adam Clarke manages our Wadhurst shop
Bad things – My wife hungover, The Post Office - is there never not a queue in this God Forsaken place? Fastrack in Sainsburys, people whistling, D-I-Y, people talking and eating at the cinema, beetroot.
Favourite wines – New Zealand Pinot Noir, great Sancerre, Champagne.
And Blair Cowl takes care of our Oxted shop
Bad things: Ignorance, shoes without socks, sunbathing, Crystal Palace FC.
Favourite wines: Tuscany, Languedoc, Rhone, Volnay, Ribera del Duero, Priorat and occasional New World dabblings.
Why choose to buy your wine from The Secret Cellar?
- We offer top quality hand crafted wines from premium and boutique producers around the world, many of whom we know.
- Each wine has been tasted and quality checked. Only the very best get on our list - wines that we enjoy and that we think are great value.
- We offer interesting and unusual wines that you won't find in your local high street or supermarket.
- Our wines are always fairly priced, as we cut out the middle man. Our pricing is also very transparent - no marking wines up hugely to then offer big discounts.
- We offer unrivalled levels of service to you, our customers.
- You can order from a single bottle upwards – you don’t need to buy a whole case.
- We offer free local delivery and free national delivery for orders over £250.
- We deliver next working day nationally for orders placed before 2.30pm Monday to Friday.Local deliveries are often same day.
- The wines will be delivered safely and securely by our own vans or our trusted courier.
- We are an independent fine wine merchant, passionate about our business.
- We are committed to the highest levels of quality throughout our organisation and have been recognised for this with multiple industry awards (see below).
- We're nice people!
Our business is customer driven – without you we wouldn’t exist, so we make sure that we look after each and every client. Whether you shop with us in person or online, we will always have your best interests at heart, and we will always attempt to get things right first time. We are committed to providing value for money across the spectrum of premium wines and to delivering a personalised service customised to the needs of the individual. You can receive the same high level of service using the web as with our 'traditional’ home delivery service
Sign up to our mailing list to be the first to receive news about tasting events, latest offers and mixed case deals, as well as recommendations for everyday drinking.
It's always nice to be recognised by the industry and we're lucky enough to have picked up a few awards over the years, including Small Independent Merchant of the Year with both the Decanter World Wine Awards and the International Wine Challenge. However, we're never ones to rest on our laurels and will continue to develop and improve the business.