SECRET CELLAR COSTS & DELIVERY SERVICE
FREE LOCAL DELIVERY – Live locally to one of our shops, give us a call, email & we can arrange delivery*
FREE UK DELIVERY - If you spend £250 or more with us
£8.50 PER UK DELIVERY ADDRESS - from 1 bottle upwards for orders under £250
NEXT DAY DELIVERY - if ordered by 2:30pm**
AM DELIVERY (Mon-Fri before 12:00pm) - £15.00
SATURDAY DELIVERY It can be arranged - £30.00*** (that’s what the couriers charge us)
FREE CLICK & COLLECT**** – Just give us a call and we can get your order together for you to collect from one of our shops
Costs to Scottish Highlands, Europe etc
Scottish Islands (2 day service) - £18.50
Scottish Highlands (2 day service) - £25.00
Northern Island (2 day service) - £20.00
Isle of Wight - £15.00, Isle of Man (2 day service) £44.00
Ireland / France / Germany / Belgium / Netherlands / Luxembourg - 2-3 day service - £30.00
Austria / Denmark / Italy / Spain / Portugal / Sweden - 4-5 day service - £37.50
The dull T&C’s that nobody reads but we have to display!
* order is for 12 bottles + or over £100 then we can arrange delivery for FREE.We have designated delivery days so we will contact you to arrange delivery.
** We offer next working day delivery on all orders received by 2:30pm.Deliveries are normally made between the hours of 9am and 5.30pm, although during busy periods these times may alter.Only applies to mainland UK addresses.Couriers class Mon-Fri as ‘working days’
*** Saturday deliveries must be specifically requested on the checkout page and cost £30.00. This is a Saturday morning service only. Please note that in some areas this service does not operate (Scottish Highlands or Islands, Isle of Man)
****We offer a free collection service from our shops.You can either place your order on-line, selecting your preferred shop, and we will prepare your order and contact you when your order is ready.Alternatively feel free to give your local Secret Cellar a call and we can arrange the order for you.
To assist with a smooth delivery of your order
- We strongly advise all customers to consider carefully where the goods are to be delivered
- Our carriers need a signature for the delivery, so please send the goods to an address where somebody can sign for them
- Use a work address for delivery if a residential delivery could be difficult
- To ensure that we offer the highest level of service to our clients, it is important that you provide us with complete delivery details (full name, address including post code, & contact telephone number)
- You can leave an instruction at the time of ordering for parcels to be left with a neighbour (please use the Special Delivery Instructions section in the secure webstore)
- Or you can request that the parcel be left safe without a signature (e.g. in the porch, at the back door, in the garage, etc). However, this is at your own risk and neither we nor our carriers will accept responsibility should the wines be lost, stolen, or damaged as a result of such instructions being followed.
- If you are sending the wine as a gift to somebody else, please check their availability (i.e. that they are not on holiday or away from home)
- If you miss your delivery, contact the local depot as soon as a card is received. They can then rearrange delivery
- Upon delivery, customers are requested to examine all goods and note down any damage or shortages. Please then notify us within 24 hours and we will deal with any problems in a fair and timely manner
- We make every effort to deliver your package safely and securely - your assistance is appreciated in helping us achieve this goal
- Unfortunately, we cannot deliver to PO Boxes
Delivery details and re-direction costs
- Our courier company attempts delivery twice if necessary and leaves a contact card if the recipient is not in. If the recipient does not then call their local depot, the parcel may be returned to us after 5 working days - the cost of which will be passed on to the customer
- We cannot be held responsible for incorrect addresses and postcodes given to us. If you provide a wrong address or post code and we have to redirect your parcel to an alternative address, then we will charge a £10 redirection fee to your credit card
- If you wish a parcel to be re-directed to a new address after we have dispatched it from our warehouse, then we will charge a £10 redirection fee to your credit card
When your order is placed with us, we will send you a unique internet tracking number so that you can track your parcel
Please note that all our courier delivery charges are made at cost or below so we never make any money on them.We use a reliable, trustworthy courier company that we’ve built a strong relationship with.We’d rather use a reliable service to ensure that your order arrives on time and the wine arrives in one piece!
What happens if my wine is broken on arrival!
- If the parcel is damaged, you can refuse to sign for it. The parcel will be returned to us, and we will arrange for a replacement to be sent
- You can accept the delivery, but when signing, you must write down how many bottles are damaged and the nature of the damage. We can then make arrangements for replacement bottles to be sent to you, or a refund for the damaged bottles if preferred
- Customers are requested to examine all goods at the time of delivery. Please note down any damage on the carrier’s delivery note when signing. Claims for breakages or shortage must be made by telephone to ourselves 01892 537981 within 24 hours of delivery
- Please then confirm the claim in writing to us. Claims for breakage, shortage or non-delivery cannot be considered unless these conditions are observed.
- We will fully investigate all claims and replace or refund where necessary within 7 working days of notification